This site was established by Wal Pilz (1927-2016) to share historical information depicted in photos and images of old scenes of the Rylstone District. Wal's belief was that sharing history was the best way to create a living history for Rylstone and the surrounding district. In Wal's memory, the site will continue to operate as an online database and you are invited to contribute images and information. Please comment or email Dan Hatton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ron, Dennis and Les King at."Glen Regis" Subsidised School - about 1933
Photo: Bylong Valley - Centenary of Education 1884-1984
The "Glen Regis" Subsidised School was established at "Glen Regis", the home
of Mr. and Mrs. S. King, in 1932. Five boys attended the school and one of them,
Mr. N. C. King of Mudgee recalls:
"School was conducted in the dining room for several weeks until a school was
built on the "Glen Regis" property about one mile from the homestead and
one mile from "Kingscroft". . ."
Ref:Bylong Valley - Centenary of Education 1884-1984