Photo: Kandos High year 9 history project in 1976.
We have here the Tong Bong Creek joins the Cudgegong River.
And in the left centre of the picture we have the second flower mill that was built in Rylstone and on the far left we have Shamrock’s Hotel or Shamrock’s Inn and a man was killed in the bar of Shamrock’s Inn and he was found about 2 miles along the Bylong Road and so there wasn’t any trouble they made it as if he had fallen off his horse.
In the centre we have Dr Howe’s house in Mudgee St in early 1860’s.
Ref: Transcript of the presentation by a Kandos High year 9 history student in 1976.
This photo is taken from the Bylong road looking south. You will notice that the railway hasn't come through yet. In the distance, right top hand corner is Hardwicke's store, below this is James Brown's house in Mudgee Street, coming down to the east is the Shamrock hotel and the Flour Mill. This should be in the late 1800's.
Ref: Shirley Tunniclif.